Business Ecommerce Solution
Are you using business ecommerce solution? Do you know that you can easily set a shipping method as your preference in admin control panel?
If you’re VevoCart users, please listen here.
VevoCart is a business ecommerce solution providing options for calculating shipping cost whether you will use your own rules, or use real-time shipping calculation from providers (i.e. FedEx and UPS).
Custom Shipping Calculation
Custom shipping is divided into the following types:
- Fixed Shipping Cost
- Shipping Cost by Quantity
- Shipping Cost by Weight
To create a new shipping method, click “Add new shipping” button in the Admin panel ‟s “Setting >> Shipping” menu. Select the method and click “Next”.
In the Shipping Add/Edit screen, there are some properties that are commonly appeared for all shipping types.
- Is Enabled: Specify if this shipping will be available for customer selection in the storefront.
- Shipping Name: The name of the shipping method.
- Free shipping & handling for large order: If you set it to “Yes” and customer product cost is more than the value specified, the shipping cost will be free. This will cover for other calculation methods (by weight, by quantity, etc.)
- Handling Fee: This text box will appear if the “Handling Fee” setting in Website Configuration is set to “Yes”. The handling fee will be added up to the total order amount.
- Zone Restriction: Specify zone restriction type and zone lists. You can choose Zone Restriction type as follow:
- World wide: this custom shipping method will be visible to all customers.
- Allow Zones: this custom shipping method will be visible to customers only if the shipping address matches with selected zone list.
- Deny Zone: this custom shipping method will not be visible to customers only if the shipping address matches with selected zone list.